This Christmas marks 25 years since the original release of The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl’s classic Christmas song, Fairytale of New York. To celebrate this anniversary the single by is being re-released on December 3rd in two formats with new cover art.
Since its release in the Eighties, Fairytale of New York has become one of the most loved Christmas pop songs of all time and has made an appearance in the Top 20 every year since 2005.
A host of musicians and celebrities including Shane MacGowan, Robbie Williams, Mick Jones, comedian John Bishop, Kenny Dalglish, and Mel C have recorded The Hollies’ classic ‘He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother’ in support of families who lost loved ones at the Hillsborough stadium in April 1989.
Guy Chambers will produce the track, and all profits from the sale of the single will go towards assisting the victims’ families in their continued fight for justice. Set for release on December 17th, the single will be joining the challengers racing for the top of the charts for Christmas.
Check out the Hillsborough Charity Single Facebook page for more.
The Pogues are excited to be releasing a special edition celebration of their 30th Anniversary show at Paris’ legendary Olympia Theatre.
Available formats are:
– 2 CD set featuring the entire concert
– DVD (region free) featuring the entire concert, plus bonus performance of ‘Thousands are Sailing’ in Manchester, 2004
– Blu-Ray (region free) featuring the entire concert, plus bonus performance of ‘Thousands are Sailing’ in Manchester, 2004
– Limited Edition 3-LP vinyl (180 gms) with photo sleeve and liner notes
– Limited Edition book featuring exclusive text and never before published photos, 2 CDs, DVD of the show, and a bonus DVD featuring two programs including interviews and live performances archived from French television, including the cult favourite Les Enfants du Rock (Children of Rock) from 1986
Amazon: UK, FR, DE, JP, CA, US
Note: Not all formats are currently listed on all stores. Keeping checking back if you don’t see the one you want. Also note that currently import versions are available for Japan, USA, and Canada. It is planned that there will be non-import releases eventually available for these locations.
iTunes (Note: you may be prompted to switch to a different iTunes country/region)